This is my review of Combat Skin’s Combat Warrior gi. The shipping and handling on this gi was very quick. However, what really caught my attention was the gi was shipped in not only a cloth carrying bag, but also a mesh shipping bag for its full protection. I am 5’10” and 150 lbs I use A2’s and loved how this felt straight out of the bag. Not to mention the design being artwork done by Meerkatsu featuring the ancient Chinese mythical creature “the Qilin”. I am personally a rash guard kinda guy and the built in rash guard on this gi impressed me. The built in rash guard would be very nice for those that are not allowed to wear rash guards at their tournament of choice.
The material was super strong and was way lighter than I expected with the addition of the built in rash guard. The thin EVA collar made grips difficult for my training partners. It fit my frame well and the pants were a perfect fit. I was lucky enough to lapel choked, but not before a comment about the artwork on the inside was made. The double knee protection on the rip stop pants provides tons of protection for old knees like mine. Keeps me doing jiu jitsu as long as I can. The gi wicked away the moisture through a nice and long two hour roll without leaving me with a super soaked gi. This gi is definitely added to the weekly rotation.
- 550 GSM lightweight pearl weave
- One piece jacket with no back seam
EVA foam collar
- All outside artwork 100% embroidered
- Inside artwork sublimated on light rash guard lining for maximum comfort whilst not increasing weight
- Triple stitching for durability
- Heavy reinforced seams at pressure areas such as the underarms and vents
- Tape lining used to increase comfort
- 12 oz canvas cotton (rip stop)
- Rope drawstring
- Full width drawstring loops keeping drawstrings in place for maximum comfort
- Heavy reinforced seams
- Cowboy style knee pads for better movement (diagonal across pants)
The material, design, and care put into this gi is amazing. Some gis have tons of patches and other may have none. This embroidered gi has the little bit of art exactly where it belongs and left the rest of the area for you to throw on your sponsor and team patches. I always wash and then hang dry my gis. I did have to machine dry my top because I’m just a little feller and it was a bit big on me. The white gi with red trim and draw really make the gi stand out. I would gladly purchase more from www.combatskin.com. Let’s check my ratings for this gi.
- Design -♦♦♦♦ (4)
- Price – ♦♦♦♦ (4)
- Customer Service – ♦♦♦♦♦ (5)
- Function – ♦♦♦♦♦ (5)
- Durability – ♦♦♦♦♦ (5)
Train hard, roll in style,